Matilda the Musical is a magical offering from the acclaimed Royal Shakespeare Company!
Hailed as a musical triumph and recipient of an Olivier for Best New Musical, this fantastic piece of theatre is currently showing at the Cambridge Theatre on London’s West End.
Based on the beloved children’s novel by Roald Dahl, Matilda the Musical tells the story of a young girl of incredible intelligence who is at odds with her TV-addicted parents and a diabolical headmistress. Bullied or just plain ignored, one day the rejected and neglected Matilda Wormwood discovers that she has telekinetic powers…
A funny and sharp book by Dennis Kelly and lyrics and music by celebrated Australian comedian Tim Minchin add a new dimension to this children’s favourite. Rather than being derivative of the original tale, Matilda the Musical adds new depth to the story. There’s all the nastiness of Dahl’s novel, with a little girl whizzed across stage by her pigtails and a boy made to eat a giant chocolate cake, but this production also revels in the consolation offered by books and the transformative power of the imagination.
Matthew Warchus’ production is witty and intelligent as well as exuberant and big-hearted. Matilda the Musical is a fantastic depiction of the disorder of childhood and the importance of making one’s own way in the world.
Backed by sensationally creative sets and props and an extraordinary cast of child and adult actors, this musical truly sets Dahl’s story alight.
Enter our competition for a chance to win the novel of Matilda.
Terms and conditions apply:
1. The promoter is London Theatre Bookings
2. Employees of London Theatre Bookings or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition is via social media by retweeting and following the Twitter page.
5. Closing date for entry will be Thursday 1st March 2018 at midnight. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: 1 x paperback novel of Matilda.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the London Theatre Bookings.
12. The winner will be notified by social media within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to London Theatre Bookings and not to any other party.
Take a look at our celeb interviews hereBook Now